Thursday, December 15, 2005

Belated "instant response"

"... as long as God knew where I was, He could cause anybody in the world to know where I was. As long as He knew my need, He could place that need on the heart of anybody He chose." (Blackaby, p.9)

This once was my favourite quote (don't get me wrong, it still is!) attached to all my outgoing emails ... the lines are still highlighted, the page flagged, but the words have slipped out of my mind for long ... for as long as may be 3 years ... How forgetful humans are!!

Although I always praised Lord for His good timing throughout these years, I think my faith is not as strong. Over years I become more skeptical ... I wanted more and more proofs and/or collaboration before I have the faith to say: Yes, Lord! I know it is from you ...

You made me for a purpose ... You put me in certain situations for a purpose ... You put different people around me at different times for a purpose ... Not only for the purpose so that I can serve You through these people, but for the purpose that You can move me into Your agenda through these people and/or situations.

Hm ... a verse came to mine: "Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love." (Rev 2:4) ... But it is not so much about love, but faith. Then it comes my favourite verse: "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." (Pr 4:23)

Yes, we always need to be consciously on guard, and keep reminding ourselves and each other ... cuz we are forgetful, and cuz the world is too "influential" yet it is twisted. Praying that I can be more sensitive and have the spiritual senses to "taste" the things happen around me, and really be able to better understand His agenda for me!!

-- my belated "instant reflection". =)

~~ special thanks to my dear mentor for the great reminder!!

No comments: