Saturday, January 28, 2006

Cool ...

How often do you follow your inner voice? I've been trying in the recent past, but today I failed ...

Haven't been on the 5:30pm go-train for the longest time .. when I hopped on it .. it was full of ppl, I had to walk a few carts before finding a seat.

After I settled down, I started my go-train reading while the guy sitting next to me were sleeping. About half way through my ride, the guy woke up and started coughing ... I think he was irritated by his thoat, he brought out his bottle of water and drank some. Then keep clearing his thoat every once in awhile. At first, I just kept reading ... but suddenly a thought came to mind: "Oh! I have some "Fisherman's Friend" on me, may be that would lessen his 'irritation' ... " ...

I started searching in my purse .. for no reason (my purse is not that big), it took me like a minute before I found it .. but when I found it .. I hesitated: "Hm ... would I scare him? May be he'd find me weird and so '8 gwa' ... He seemed to be getting better now ... It is really odd to offer a stranger 'food' ... He might be sceptical ... ..." Thousands of excuses and questions popped up at the same time. However, I can feel my heart deep down to want to help and lessen his suffering ... I asked myself ... What Would Jesus Do? ... For sure, Jesus would walk up to him and offer him help! ...

The train captain announced the upcoming station, it is the station I get off at ... but I still have time .. at least 2 to 3 min. I hesitated and struggled ... the pack of "Fisherman's Friend" was just sitting right at the edge of my purse ... I could easily grap it and hand it over ... But at last, I chose to stand up and walk down the stairs waiting to get off ...

*Sigh* ... feel bad ... where was my passion? Why was I still so timid after all these years~~ The most remarkable thing is .... Found it really irony ... I kept commenting today's world is too cool, yet I myself chose to walk away instead of giving a helping hand.

1 comment:

Ray said...

I had similar experince that I failed too. It's really hard when it's a stranger.. i understand the struggle. I also witnessed someone who helped. and just witnessing that made me feel warm. add oil po. next time may be u can break the barrier =) (but do it with safety awareness though. well, it should be okay in the subwawy geh.)